[ODE] Making Bodies Immobile

Lukasz Wiklendt lwiklend at cs.newcastle.edu.au
Tue Jul 13 20:31:30 MST 2004

Hi,

This is a bit of a newbie question. I'm creating a small mechanical
system of three bodies connected with hinges, in a chain format. One of
the bodies should be anchored firmly to the ground (visualise a robot
arm). As I understand it in the documentation if I disable this body
then it will be enabled at the next simulation step since it is attached
via hinge to one of the other bodies.

If possible, how can I keep the body from moving without adding any
fixed joints, or hacking it with infinite mass etc?

Cheers.