[ODE] Barrel of Monkeys

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Mon Jul 12 06:33:41 MST 2004

> So my first instinct is to make it from several cylinders  all
> with the same center, each one shorter and fatter than the last to
> approximate the shape and split the mass between them evenly.

> Anyone else have any bright ideas (Monkey Optional)?

I'd maybe try a union of a sphere and a cylinder. This will
have bands about 1/4 in each side that are shallower in
collision than your modeled barrel, but it'll work well for
the cases that matter (end caps, and center radius) and it
will certainly cost less than a number of cylinders.

Cheers,

			/ h+