[ODE] RE: Barrel of Monkeys

Marty Rabens marty at rabens.com
Fri Jul 9 12:37:16 MST 2004

I would probably try something like a cylinder with a sphere bulging out in
the middle.  I think this would give you a pretty decent approximation of
the barrel shape you're after, and would be more stable than the concentric
cylinders you're considering.  Spheres tend to be one of the more stable
(and cheapest) colliders, whereas having all those stair-stepped edges of
overlapping cylinders could be a little flakey.

  --Marty