[ODE] Linker errors with ClanLib

Tom De Muer tom.demuer at skynet.be
Thu Jul 8 09:28:30 MST 2004

> I'm trying to use ODE with ClanLib and I keep getting the following
> linker errors when I link with ode.lib or oded.lib
>
> Linking...
> MSVCRT.lib(MSVCRT.dll) : error LNK2005: _exit already defined in
> LIBCMT.lib(crt0dat.obj)

<snip>

> I've built the .50 release of ODE using the included VC workspace.  The
> samples all build just fine.  Furthermore I don't get these errors if
> I'm not calling any ODE functions, but still linking to the library.
> Any suggestions or hints on using ODE with ClanLib would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> ~Dave

Try setting the compiler settings to use the correct runtime library (see
properties/c-c++/code generation/runtime library).  Probably that clanlib
uses a different runtime library then you are doing now.  If you are not
sure which one it uses... just try them all in your project.  My guess is
that you will need the multithreaded release dll runtime library.

kind regards,
Tom