[ODE] Linker errors with ClanLib

Brian Clarkson brianclarkson at btconnect.com
Thu Jul 8 08:23:51 MST 2004

Dave Cobb wrote

>Not sure what ClanLib is, but it's probably compiled for a different
>runtime.  The VC6 workspace defaults to '(Debug) Multithreaded DLL'.
Change
>it to match what your compiling with and it should work.
>--
>gl

Dave

I am using VC6 and can remember similar problems when I first setup my
project. My problem was due to
some automatic lib inclusions when you are using MFC. The problem is due to
the order the libs are read in.
You need to force the order of the libs. The problem libs were 'libc.lib
Nafxcw.lib Libcmt.lib'

If this is your problem you need do the following:
1. Set theses libs to be ignored in the linker section of your project.
2. Set 'Nafxcw.lib Libcmt.lib' as the first libs to be included in the list
of additional libs.
   (you don't need 'libc.lib')
3. Do the same for the debug side ('Nafxcwd.lib Libcmtd.lib')

This will force the correct order. All my multi defines went away.

Hope this helps.

Brian..