[ODE] ode test online

samuel girardin samuel.girardin at wanadoo.fr
Wed Jan 21 22:50:19 MST 2004

About the bsp collison, It's very simple but it works only with fly3d
engine.
At the beginning I wanted to have a perfect integration between ode&fly3D.
But there was too much work to do ( not easy for me), and I'm busy on other
3d things.So, I'm
wondered myself which was the simple way to use the fast&excelent Fly3d
collisionBSP with ode. So here is my method :  I use 5  vectors to detect
ground ,
and 5 other  for  obstacles. Test all off this with fly3d BSPcollision
detection.
So each car part has 2 collisions detections  vectors...
After I only dynamically create some simply thin odegeomBox.. if a vector
return true...
At the beginning I was certain it  would'nt work, but it works very well.
I've tested it too
on a landscape without any code modification, and it works . Amazing !

samuel
www.aaxyz.com