[ODE] integration with cal3d?

Adam Moravanszky [Novodex] adam.moravanszky at novodex.com
Sat Jan 10 20:07:18 MST 2004

> but what you're really talking about with a realistic
> physics simulation running the inputs to the rag doll
> instead of key frame animation is reproducing the
> human brain.

I don't think that was the question!

>> How easy/smart would it be ... have an animated model collapse like a rag
doll

There is quite a bit more work involved because you have to get all the
transforms between cal3d and ode right, but it is certainly doable and the
results will be worth your time.  I think the main problem is actually not
the programming part but rather the fact that no free authoring environment
exists where one could easily rig skinned characters with the extra stuff
needed for physics, like masses, joint limits, and bounding boxes.

--  Adam Moravanszky