[ODE] My ODE++

Nicholas Francis nicholas at uti.is
Thu Jan 8 09:07:33 MST 2004

I respectfully disagree with this approach: IMO, this ties the physics
in much too close to the application.

Examples:

* Our engine has a substantial graphics engine, where physics is only a
small part. No representation that could be tied to ODE would serve.

* Sound depends not one surface, but on which 2 are involved in the
explosion (e.g. rock hitting rock sounds a lot different than rock
hitting wood. Also, sounds vary depending on speeds.

Ode is a library that handles dynamics. It does that well. Stick to
that rather than trying to add everything but the kitchen sink to it.

If you actually try to implement this CKitchenSink you're talking
about, and then try to apply it to another problem domain, you will
quickly realize how bad this design is.

Just my 2c...

Nicholas Francis
-------
Scheduling fascist - Over The Edge Entertainments