[ODE] FPS with ODE (again)

Tyler Streeter tylerstreeter at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 10:13:54 MST 2004

I used the same method (invisible sphere for player
collision detection, user input adds forces to the
sphere).  I have a small ray that extends from the
bottom of the sphere.  The player is only allowed to
exert force on the sphere when this ray is
intersecting the ground (a trimesh).  The length of
this ray is set so the player can only add forces to
the sphere on terrain angles that are < 45 degrees.

Here is a link to my project that demonstrates this.
It also has examples of ragdolls (both limp and neural
network controlled...), swarming fish, an interactive
trebuchet, and a particle engine.  All source is
included.

www.vrac.iastate.edu/~streeter/castle_project.htm

I hope this helps.

Tyler Streeter