[ODE] TriMesh: Only want intersections

Farshid Lashkari lashkari at worldviz.com
Thu Feb 26 12:38:54 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm using ODE for collision detection only, no physics. In my simulation
I have a model of a room that I've converted to a TriMesh object. Inside
the room I have other geometry objects such as boxes and spheres. I want
to detect when the box or sphere intersects with the room. Is there a
way to detect if these objects are intersecting with any triangles? I'm
currently using dCollide, and if my objects are in the center of the
room it is still considered a collision, even though it's not touching
any triangles. Can I extract this information from the contact joint?
Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Farshid