[ODE] GUI Editor, to XML or not?

Anselm Hook anselm at hook.org
Thu Feb 26 13:20:14 MST 2004

I've had pretty positive experiences piping XML to binary - we'd read XML
in at one end and write out packed binary C structures at the other end...
then in the app itself we walked a 'repair list' to fixup all the pointers
and do endian conversions.  It wasn't that much work actually and the
performance was just great.

Probably best to not do that initially but note that it was tractable.

 -a