[ODE] GUI Editor, to XML or not?

William Denniss lists at omegadelta.net
Thu Feb 26 22:35:28 MST 2004

I also agree with all of Jani's points.  Text files for development work
are much nicer to work with.  The benefits of binary storage can be used
- but only when needed (ie. at production).

Is there any chance we can agree on a standard ODE data storage format?

How I would like to use this is basically model the ODE parameters of an
object in one of the fine editors currently being created - exporting to
XMl, loading it in my project and attaching my custom meshes (built with
a separate program) in place of the geometry.

I don't believe a full 3D package is necessary just to lay out the ODE
components and properties - I think a custom ODE editor would be better
suited.

Cheers,

Will.