[ODE] ODE on Linux IA-64?

Artur Matos amatos at create.human.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Fri Feb 20 16:06:31 MST 2004

Hi to all,

Has anyone tested ODE in Linux IA-64? I just attempted to compile and run the tests on a HP zx2000 with Debian Linux. These are the results
for test_ode:

testRandomNumberGenerator()
        passed
testInfinity()
        passed
testPad()
        passed
testCrossProduct()
        passed
testSetZero()
        passed
testNormalize3()
        passed
testPlaneSpace()
        passed
testMatrixMultiply()
        passed (1)
        passed (2)
        passed (3)
testSmallMatrixMultiply()
        passed (1)
        passed (2)
        passed (3)
        passed (4)
        passed (5)
        passed (6)
testCholeskyFactorization()
Segmentation fault

The compiler did give the warning signs:

ode/src/matrix.cpp:193: warning: cast to pointer from integer of
different size
(at least 20 times).

Well, so I guess ODE was still not ported to the IA-64, but judging from the compiler warnings, should only be a matter of adjusting the pointer casts for the right integer size. (I haven't checked the ODE code, so I cannot be sure of this). Can anyone give me some hints? I can try to fix and test the code in the IA-64 with the proper guidance.

Artur Matos.