[ODE] swapping axes

Nate W coding at natew.com
Tue Feb 10 09:43:00 MST 2004

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, John Miles wrote:
(much like Jon Watte wrote)

> You wouldn't want to swap Y and Z; you'd multiply the quaternion (or matrix)
> by one that represents a rotation of -90 degrees in X.  I'd probably try
> encapsulating the heightmap in a geom transform first, though.

Thanks for the enlightenment, guys.

The geom transform approach probably would be easier from a coding
standpoint, and more maintainable.  I hadn't thought of that, but it's a
good idea.  But, wouldn't it mean a bunch of extra multiplications with
every timestep?  I'm a little concerned about the CPU overhead that would
entail... should I be?

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA