[ODE] swapping axes

Nate W coding at natew.com
Mon Feb 9 21:39:35 MST 2004

So I mentioned how easy it was to swap the Y and Z axes when integrating
a "Z is up" heightmap collider with an existing "Y is up" game.  That was
before my comrade got an orientation API working for the meshes I'm
drawing, so all I had to work with was positions.

Now I'm trying to convert quaternions from ODE-space to game-space and it
seems it's not quite as easy as swapping the Y and Z values.  Should it be
that trivial, or did I underestimate this task?  Any suggestions or
insights would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA