[ODE] TriMesh/Box Problem

Chroma chroma at skynet.be
Mon Feb 9 02:53:13 MST 2004

C> I'm having the same problems under windows. trimesh collides nicely
C> with sphere but as soon as it hit a box it goes to space!
C> I can reproduce it easily in the testbed of ODEEd, if i cover the ground with
C> sphere there is no problem but if i let the trimesh car hit the box
C> (ground) it goes to infinity.
C> It used to work before the box collision code was changed somewhere
C> near last september iirc.

I need to correct myself here after some more tests.
Maybe this information could help someone find a bug in the
box/trimesh collision code.
I have a ground made with 1 huge box geom when i drop a trimesh on it
everything works fine if the box (ground) is smaller than the trimesh.
In my test i drop a torus 6x6 on a box 5.9x5.9 and it works as
expected but if i drop it on a box 6x6 or more it goes to space.

So from my observations trimesh vs box works as long as the trimesh is
larger than the box.

There is no problem with spheres of all sizes.