[ODE] Terrain colliders and/or Trimesh/OPCODE

Nate W coding at natew.com
Sun Feb 8 11:21:01 MST 2004

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004, Bob Cober wrote:

> I have the same issue with the Terrain Collider though.  My
> "heightmap"  simply stores the actual x,y,z points, so y is upwards
> for me too.

Y is up for the game I'm working on (I was brought in to add physics), and
Z is up for the terrain collider I'm working with (I chose ODE,
naturally).  So, I revised the interface between ODE and the game to swap
all of the Y and Z values.  There is not much glue between ODE and the
game right now, so it didn't take long.  It's a little (!) confusing to
have Y = up while stepping through game code and Z = up while looking at
ODE vectors, but it works.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA