[ODE] Throttle 2 Engine 2 Wheels ..

Bodo Pfeifer bodo.pfeifer at fakt-software.de
Fri Feb 6 16:04:46 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm currently implementing ODE in an arcade style racer.
The car is driving with an acceptable behaviour. The problem I now
have is the gearbox.

I read a lot of car physics paper and stuff .. but I don't get it..

Can someone give me a brief explanation about the gearbox basics ?

What I mean is .. what do I have to do get the dParamVel2 and
dParamFMax2 for the hinge2's out of the throttle value between 0 and
1.

I read about enging torque and gear-ratio and stuff, but what has to
be calculated in which order to get a simple engine-gearbox system.
Without engine-friction and so ..

Thanks in advance,
Bodo Pfeifer