[ODE] Human ragdoll "twist" problem

Michael Mandel mmandel at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 15:31:17 MST 2004

I had similar problems when switching to ODE from Tokamak (which I did
because of Tokamak's poor support for controller actuated joints).  I
ended up going with Hinge and Universal joints for the whole body
because I had read that the ball-and-socket joints had a bug in the
AMotor code that would be required to get them constrained (I think
this has recently been fixed in CVS?).  Anyways, what exactly is
"weird" about the movement?  I find things looks OK if I'm pretty
aggressive with the joint limits for the shoulders and legs - i found
that the arms could twist around otherwise.  If people are interested,
I could post a link to a file containing all of the data I supply ODE
when constructing the bodies and joints for a human, including the
proper constraints...

Mike