[ODE] Collision impact force

Rafael Horbach rafael at southlogic.com
Tue Dec 21 11:24:27 MST 2004

I'm looking for a "impact force" information, so I can put sounds and
other effects when and where an impact is happening. I could not find
any support for that in ODE, has anyone a clue about it?

One thing I have is the "dContact" information, but it has no "strength"
of the impact. Of course, I can use the velocity of the bodies, but it's
somehow complex to get the information I need, since I have the angular
velocity too.

I think I can use some of functions on ode to get a body velocity at a
given position, I think I'll try something like that, but has ODE a
better solution?

Thanks!