[ODE] newbie question: easiest way to create an 'immobile' pendulum

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Thu Dec 16 09:03:32 MST 2004

You could connect the pendulum joint to the static environment, and set the swivel position to the center of the top body. Then update the swivel position to the new position of the top body each frame. You still have to work to make the pendulum be the right length each frame, though.

Another way of doing it is to create a heavy, non-gravity body (possibly with a fixed joint to the world) to anchor the pendulum to, and make that body actually follow your moveable top body, using forces.

Cheers,

			/ h+