[ODE] Stack overflow due to ode.h include?

Robert Clemens mb at moonbyte.de
Tue Dec 14 05:30:29 MST 2004

Hi everybody,

I'm just making my first steps with ODE.

I got the ODE examples compiled and running fine on WATCOM C++ with a
few hacks and changes in the code. Now - as I'm trying to integrate ODE
into an existing game engine - I included <ode/ode.h> to my main world
class header (quite "deep" inside the code). (I also added all source
files to my project of ODE and OPCODE to my project, no libs)

Although not using any of the functionality of ODE yet I get a stack
overflow. I read about the heavy usage of the stack with lots of
bodies/joints but this obviously doesnt apply here :-/
The stack overflow also happens inside a WATCOM library function i dont
know (enterWVideo or so but i think it plays no role here).

Could that be a problem of ODE or would something like that rather
indicate a bug that just didnt show off before "much less stuff" was
included? Both seems somehow unlikely to me :-/

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Rob