[ODE] Re: dSpaceCollide2 - quadspace vs hashspace bug

Hannes Norda hannes.norda at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 10:17:14 MST 2004

Due to the lack of interest in this topic I feel obliged to reply to myself. :)

I just patched in the not-so-beautiful solution here..

In dSpaceCollide2, collision_space.cpp, add these lines:
    if(s1->type == dQuadTreeSpaceClass)
    {
      for (dxGeom *g = s2->first; g; g=g->next) {
        s1->collide2 (data,g,callback);
      }
    }
    else if(s2->type == dQuadTreeSpaceClass)
    {
      for (dxGeom *g = s1->first; g; g=g->next) {
        s2->collide2 (data,g,callback);
      }
    }
    else

... just before these lines:
 // iterate through the space that has the fewest geoms, calling
        // collide2 in the other space for each one.
        if (s1->count < s2->count) {

/Hannes