[ODE] Empty ppm files

Adam Dershowitz dersh at alum.mit.edu
Tue Aug 31 15:05:21 MST 2004

I just downloaded and built ode 0.5 on a Mac.
The demo software builds and runs just fine.  But if I create a folder
"frames" then do ctrl-W it creates a bunch of numbered frame files, as it
should.  But when I try to open them they all appear to be completely black.
Turns out that if I mess with some of the images using a graphics program
that I can find a lower corner of the window frame.  But the pretty pictures
do not seem to be getting saved in there.

I have not done much X11 programming, but I did do enough debugging to see
that captureFrame (in x11.cpp) is where the file should get saved.  And it
seems that xGetPixel (on line 300) returns almost all 0s  for variable
pixel. With a few cases of 14277081 which shifts to b values of
b[0]=b[1]=b[2]=217, and a few cases of 16772715 which shifts to
b[0]=b[1]=b[2]=255.  These values are located in the lower right corner
(high x and high y values).

Any ideas what is going on here?  Why isn't it finding actual color values?

Thanks,

-- Adam