[ODE] dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple and dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSingle

Duncan Frostick duncanf at f2s.com
Sat Aug 28 11:05:30 MST 2004

Do trimeshes in ODE have to be contiguous? The mesh I'm trying to add is
a block of 3D text with spaces between each character, and I've not had
this trouble with simple contiguous meshes that I've tried using.

Cheers, Duncan

Duncan Frostick wrote:

 > Hi all,
 >
 > I fixed my problem with the vertex buffer, nothing to do with ODE,
nothing to do with my pointers (after I'd fixed them). I was
overstepping the bounds of the vertex buffer because I hadn't cloned the
mesh into a new mesh with smaller FVF that only contained XYZ
components. Once I had done, and used the cloned mesh, it was fine.

 > Now I'm trying to pass all the information into
dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple in the same way as in the test code but I'm
getting a crash when I try to do so. Exactly the same appears to happen
with dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSingle when I try using that instead. When the
crash started, it produced a "Debug Assertion Failure in dbgdel.cpp
Line: 52"... whatever that is. But after googling I changed the runtime
library used for code generation to it's multithreaded version and that
stopped the debug assertion error, now it just crashes out upon calling
dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple or Single.

 > None of the parameters are null, and they're in the same format as in
the trimesh test code. Has anybody had similar trouble with
dGeomTriMeshDataBuildSimple and fixed it?