[ODE] Help using ODE with DirectX

Duncan Frostick duncanf at f2s.com
Thu Aug 26 18:20:45 MST 2004

I'm sorry to be such a clueless undergrad trying to grasp pointers, but
I'm still confused :)

Surely 'dVector3* verticesODE; verticesODE = (dVector3*)
malloc(sizeof(dVector3)*numVertices);' means I'm allocating enough space
for however many vertices I need, and that I can then use the pointer
that is returned by malloc as an array of that size, i.e.
verticesODE[numVertices] is the end of the allocated space? And each
element of that array is a dVector3 waiting to be given some value? If
not, how can I do this? I've been trying '*(verticesODE)[0] =
verticesDX[i]._x;'...'*verticesODE++' to no avail too.

My debugger doesn't work because of various windows crashes messing it
up, and me not being able to reinstall VS because the CDs are in another
city because they belong to the uni... which is annoying.

Sorry to be a pain but the book I have isn't helping, and neither is
google :/

Cheers for your time, Duncan