[ODE] Objects fall through trimesh.

Chuck M. thechuckster at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 11:25:29 MST 2004

Unfortunately in some but not all cases, boxes, spheres, and capped
cylinders all seem to "fall through" triangle meshes in my simulation.
I tried decreasing the step size tenfold but to no avail. Also, I
recompiled ODE without the MERGECONTACTS option in the trimesh sphere
source file.  In addition, I tested various orders of indexing the
vertices in each triangle. Finally I noticed that tesselating my
triangle mesh for my landscape solves this problem, however I also use
BSPs in my simulation which cannot be tesselated very easily.

I have read three months of the mailing list archives but no valid
solutions could be found. Please help me to resolve this problem as
proper collision detection is quite necessary for my project.

--
thechuckster.beigetower.org