[ODE] how to use dJointGetFeedback function ?

Cristian Bianchi cristian at sssup.it
Thu Aug 5 12:07:45 MST 2004

Hi
to use Feedback features you must first declare a dJointFeedback variable
and assign a pointer to it with your joint object.

dJointFeedback feedback;
dJointSetFeedback( joint, &feedback );

then after each simulation step you can you use the

dJointFeedback*  fb =  dJointGetFeedback( joint );

and then use the fields of the variable to retrieve forces and torques
acting on the joint...

typedef struct dJointFeedback {
  dVector3 f1;       // force that joint applies to body 1
  dVector3 t1;       // torque that joint applies to body 1
  dVector3 f2;       // force that joint applies to body 2
  dVector3 t2;      // torque that joint applies to body 2
} dJointFeedback;

cheers
cristian