[ODE] Pushing through collisions

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Thu Apr 29 12:17:45 MST 2004

> Let me be more specific in my questioning: Exactly how big does the
> solver make the forces, based on penetration depth and mass? Does it
> also look at other values? (linear velocity, for example)

for each contact, the solver creates just the right amount of force to
cancel out the velocity of the contact point along the contact normal,
plus a little bit of extra velocity to push out interpenetrations. the
body's original velocity and mass affects the force that is applied, but
should *not* affect the resulting velocity that you get in the next time
step. the penetration depth is proportional to how much extra correcting
velocity is applied.

russ.

--
Russell Smith