[ODE] Pushing through collisions

Colin Bonstead colin at cyan.com
Thu Apr 29 08:36:05 MST 2004

>I don't think that's quite correct. You can imagine cases where
>the player gets wedged badly enough that he's between opposing
>faces. Adding perfectly opposing face normals together just gives
>you zero. If he's between three faces, no matter what the normal
>you end up with, it's going to point into one of the faces.

You're right Jon, it's not very robust.  I just tossed it in a day ago,
and it definitely helped me out in the simple cases I tried, but it
probably wouldn't hold up in a more complex one.  I'd be interested to
hear how yours turns out.  I'm also looking at Konstantin's idea,
because this only needs to be done for the one avatar once per frame, so
O(n^3) would probably be acceptable.