[ODE] Pushing through collisions

Andrew Aye AndrewA at terminalreality.com
Thu Apr 29 09:17:25 MST 2004

Cases like that are impossible to correctly fix in the general case without
using further information.  A penetration system that used the objects
velocities could for instance potentially "weight" the axis seperation tests
to have it tend to give axis that are as close to the negative of the
direction of movement as possible.  Havent really looked into it much -
finshing off some cylinder code myself -)  Without context and with high
speeds, or "high" rotations you'll always be able to find incorrect
seperation determinations ( ie your radial response was correctly the
smaller seperation ).  I would be wary of hacking in fixes to try to correct
for this - as crystal-ball methodolgies tend to break down at the worst
times -)

 - Andrew Aye