[ODE] Spheres pass through trimeshes?

Jon Watte hplus-ode at mindcontrol.org
Wed Apr 28 16:26:11 MST 2004

What you really should do next is create a sphere in a position where you know it should collide with a triangle mesh, and then set a breakpoint before calling dCollide(), and trace through the code. It's not that hard to understand what it's doing.

Obvious things to check, as a cheat sheet:

First, make sure you're actually calling dCollide(), and creating contact joints based on the results. (And destroying them after step)

Second, make sure you're passing the number if INDICES to the trimesh data build functions, not the number of triangles.

Seconds, make sure the triangles are wound the right way -- triangles are on-sided. To be certain, you could duplicate every three indices, swapping the position of index 1 and 2 in the second copy. That will make sure that all triangles have opposing-facing counter-parts, thus making all surfaces double-sided.

Good luck!

Cheers,

			/ h+