[ODE] Problem with Geom's rotation matrix

Nguyen Binh ngbinh at glassegg.com
Fri Apr 23 10:46:55 MST 2004

Hi ,

        In ODE, geom's rotation matrix is actually not "rotation
        matrix". It fails the attribute : R.Rt = I.
         http://mathworld.wolfram.com/RotationMatrix.html

        I think,there won't be much problem with that because ODE use
        quat to represent rotation internally. But it'll be very
        dangerous for any one always "assume" like me. :) .So it would
        be nice if this thing is stated directly in the docs.

        This thing makes me stuck in porting the cylinder-box from
        Croteam to ODE for days. Hic...

        About the progress of cylinder vs anything :
        I had almost finished the cylinder-box. (One of the hardest
        part ???) and fixed the framework for porting Croteam's code
        to ODE.

        To Russ and Adam : I will follow your suggestions in coding
        style and get rid of static stuff.

        To Alan : Is there cylider vs plane collider at your side? If
        not, I may write it my own cos plane is generally used in ODE
        as the ground. So it won't be good if our cylinder go through
        the ground.

    Happy coding!

    Nguyen Binh.