[ODE] disabled bodies problem

Tyler Streeter tylerstreeter at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 22 15:19:00 MST 2004

I have a disabled body that I would like to re-enable
and move with a force.  I'm trying to do it like this:

dBodyEnable(thisBodyID);
dBodyAddForce(thisBodyID, x, y, z);

That doesn't seem to work; the body remains disabled.
I thought enabling a body would reset it's auto
disable steps "countdown" to its AutoDisableSteps
value, but it doesn't appear to do that.  I can get
around this by giving the body a small velocity
greater than the DisableLinearThreshold value, but I'd
rather not.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Tyler