[ODE] strange FeedBack behaviour

Davide Faconti facontidavide at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 20 14:54:08 MST 2004

I am currently using ODE to simulate a humanoid robot. I actuate the motors
using the joint's Motor functions provided, but when I read the torque given
by the joint using the dJgetFeedback function, I obtaine very unexpected
results.

www.isaacrobot.org/docs/torque_anlke.jpg

to get an idea of what I mean...
I velocity profile of the all the joints is smooth and considering the
movements I have designed, I can tell you for sure that this data are not
related to reality.
Can anyone figure out the reason of that noisy graph?
Thank you in advance