[ODE] Auto-Disabling?

Aras Pranckevicius nearaz at interamotion.com
Mon Apr 19 11:36:57 MST 2004

> I kinda keep forgetting that we don't have ODE-level
> autodisable/enable (since personally I do this at the application
> level... I only get reminded when it comes up here again ;)).

I'm forgetting that also -- currently I don't use ODE at all :)

> I'd accept something which did that and (naturally) thresholds
> angular and rotational velocity separately (if that involves
> breaking the documented API for autodisable/autoenable
> then IMO break it).

Ok. My last "patch" did have separate linear/angular tresholds. All
auto-disable params where in world, AND in bodies. Bodies get world
params by default, but can be changed on a per-body case (there also
existed a helper function to transfer params from world to body). Of
course, that broke the documented StepFast API...

> I'm personally all for conditionally-compiled ODE features (since
> a 'universal' DLL isn't something that's useful to most of our
> users IMO) which are 'on' by default.

So, if I make this:
* all auto-disable stuff is conditional via #define in config.
* auto-disable params are like written above (default ones in world,
also per-body params), with separate linear and angular tresholds.
* auto-disable time is controlled with "time" AND "steps", both must be
satisfied for a body to be disabled.
Would that be ok?

Aras Pranckevicius aka NeARAZ
http://www.gim.ktu.lt/nesnausk/nearaz/