[ODE] dGeomTransformSetGeom - what result should I see?

William Denniss lists at omegadelta.net
Mon Apr 19 13:14:55 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm wanting to have two geoms linked to a body - one of which is offset
by a small amount.  I believe this is possible using
dGeomTransformSetGeom which encapsulates the transform.

I reviewed the archives, in particular:
http://q12.org/pipermail/ode/2002-July/005462.html

When I call getPosition on the transform geom - I get the position of
the body which is what I expected.

When I call getPosition on the encapsulated geom - I always get the same
position irrespective of bodies movements and this position is the
offset that I set.  I was expecting the position of the body, offset by
my transform (ie. if the body was at (1,1,1) and my translation was
(1,0,0) I would expect (2,1,1)).

If this is expected - then I'll simply combine both positions to display
the object - but I just wanted to check.

Is this correct - or do I have a bug somewhere?

Thanks,

Will.

--
William Denniss - will@ http://tanksoftware.com/