[ODE] auto-build for windows

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Sun Apr 18 19:19:48 MST 2004

Russ Smith wrote:
>    * step 2: install VC++ - now the optimizing version is free for
>      download from: http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/

Wow, thanks for the tip... I didn't know this.

 > so ... if anyone out there has
> expertise in using Wine (i.e. in working around its many problems), i'd
> appreciate a hand!

I now have a burning curiosity about VC++ under WINE also, so I'd
love to try to get it to work... I usually have fair success with
getting things to work under WINE eventually, if it's at all
possible.  If you haven't already figured it out by then I'll
have a good crack at it within about 4-5 weeks when I have some
chunks of near-guaranteed time.

Regards,
--Adam
--