[ODE] Car Physics

DjArcas djarcas at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 16 17:09:02 MST 2004

the real problem is that car manufacturers spends years and millions of
pounds getting the handling as good as it is - Ford have been doing this
for, what, a century now?

I've found lots of things that will help - progressive steering, brakes and
acceleration helps a lot, as well as a low centre of gravity, but if you
want real physics and want to go doing powerslides, be prepared to put in
hundreds of hours learning to do that... just like real life. (pulling off a
*real* powerslide in Live For Speed is a brilliant feeling...)