[ODE] Box stacking and ODE

Nguyen Binh ngbinh at glassegg.com
Wed Apr 14 10:20:55 MST 2004

        Use Auto-Disable!

        Try to search the list for more. I had produced a very
        stable boxes stacking with StepFast1 before.

WJvdL> I keep having problems stacking boxes in ODE, stacks of boxes just
WJvdL> collapse after a while even if no force is applied to them, and the
WJvdL> surfaces have infinite friction (so there should be no "shifting". The
WJvdL> number of contact points doesn't seem to matter either.

WJvdL> Even the crash demo (from CVS) currently experiences this. The boxes keep
WJvdL> pushing each other, until the whole heap collapses.

WJvdL> Can something be done against this?

--
Best regards,

   Nguyen Binh
   Software Engineer