[ODE] documentation initiative

John Miles jmiles at pop.net
Mon Apr 12 16:07:24 MST 2004

> > The _ABI_ is compatible, but the _library format_ is not.
>
> thanks for clearing this up. so, even if ODE was DLL-only on windows
> (which wont happen as many people want static linkage), the DLL import
> libs would still be incompatible. blech.

I've certainly never seen this happen.

I spent the last four years working with RAD Game Tools, a company dedicated
(until fairly recently) to doing nothing *but* delivering and supporting
Win32 development libraries, and nobody has ever complained about our import
libraries not linking with whatever compiler they're using.

I don't believe Jon is correct about this being a problem.

> so ... it's not a trivial project to supply prebuilt libs for all
> compilers/platforms. one of these days when i have nothing else to do :)

I hear that...

-- jm