[ODE] OPCODE in ODE...

Steve Eckles steve.eckles at team17.com
Fri Apr 2 12:07:08 MST 2004

I too have recently tried OPCODE in ODE and had some problems, but now I do
have it working. This is what I found was required -

1 - Build OPCODE separately. I did this by loading the project file into
msdev, compiling it (in release) and copying the resulting OPCODE.lib to the
lib dir of ODE.
2 - As other people have said, uncomment the line OPCODE_DIRECTORY=OPCODE in
the user settings file, and then do a “make all” in the ODE dir to rebuild
ODE.
3 - Finally, include the lib in your project – I did this with a #pragma
comment(lib,”opcode.lib”)

And you should be away. I didn’t work properly a first for me but I found
out is was cos the I had the wrong winding order of my vertices( ie they
must in counter-clockwise order ) so watch out for that one.

I tried separately downloading the latest version of OPCODE separately but
couldn’t get it to work with ODE and eventually gave up on that and went
back to the one including with ODE.I have also found the capped cylinders
don’t seem to collide with the mesh – so I have had to model my car wheels
as sphere! So if anyone has any ideas on these problems?

Hope this helps

Steve.