[ODE] Looking for Java Interface for ODE

Tim Schmidt tisch at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Sep 29 17:48:02 MST 2003

 > I have been looking for a physics engine that is either written
 > in java, or has a java interface. Does anyone know of any work
 > that has been done in writing a Java interface for ODE?

 > At the moment I am trying to get ODE for Java v0.1 to work with
 > ODE v0.039 on Windows, I am interested to know if anyone has been
 > working on this recently.

Hi!

v0.1 is not the latest version. Max Gilead has made changes to it
and released that stuff at sourceforge as v0.11. After that we came to
the conclusion that we had different aims regarding the project. So in
June I integrated those changes that were ok into my own local trunk,
which I originally released on my spaceports account last year, and made
all that working with the ODE cvs-version of that time. The latter
included the addition of new functions and the adoption of the new
'geoms are spaces'-design.

Unfortunately I have not put it into a releasable package so far and I
cannot say when I will have the time to make up for it (something
between some weeks or months).

Be sure that I will post an announcement.

-Tim