[ODE] rotate an object

Roel van Dijk roelvandijk at home.nl
Mon Sep 22 17:18:40 MST 2003

> how does he rotate an object for some degrees?
I don't think I understand your question. But if you want to know how to set
the rotation of an ODE body or geom:
void dBodySetRotation (dBodyID, const dMatrix3 R);
void dGeomSetRotation (dGeomID, const dMatrix3 R);

But you shouldn't use these functions in a running simulation. They are only
to initialise objects before the simulation starts. Using these functions in
a running simulation can cause unpredictable behaviour.

If you want to rotate a body in a simulation do it by applying forces:
http://opende.sourceforge.net/ode-latest-userguide.html#ref40

You can find a lot more info in the ODE documentation:
http://opende.sourceforge.net/ode-docs.html