[ODE] train

jnilson_99 at yahoo.com jnilson_99 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 15:21:44 MST 2003

hi all,

i'm trying to create a train simulation.

my only problem is how to get the box cars to follow
the train track?

in other words, how to get each car to react to the
acceleration/velocity of the underlying track.

my immediate thought is to create the box car as an
autonomous vehicle with the track providing a
"pre-recorded" set of steering inputs....

that is the train track (in the physics land) is just
a bunch of preset "steering" inputs to the box car....

any ideas?

thanks,

john