[ODE] Really weird problem

Fabian Kranen fkranen at yepz.nl
Thu Sep 11 11:20:59 MST 2003

Hi! I've working with ODE for the last few days and got a big problem with
doing collisions on tri-meshes.

First of all i want to say that i did browse the archive and tested all
the solutions that i could found regarding my problem and that didn't work
for me. So i did try the D3D flag for saving the FPU state, i did changing
to single precission, i did change and try to tune all parameters
regarding error correction, i did change the stepsize etc.

My problem:

My scene is pretty simple, a tri-mesh (wich is actually a box) and a
falling sphere. When the sphere hits the trimesh it completly dissapears.
And that's when i enable the creation of contact's, when that part is
commentated the sphere just drops through the trimesh.

Now when i change the trimesh into an box it all works fine and the sphere
just bounces off my surface.

Are there any restrictions i do have to know off when using tri-meshes
which aren't documented?

I really tried everything and spend hours browsing through the arhive. I
really hope somebody could help me out with this problem.

Thanks in advance!