[ODE] Rolling edge collisions when the normals between the trimesh triangles are equal

Damien G damienodelist at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 03:11:43 MST 2003

I am rolling a ball (sphere) along a flat trimesh surface (for a test).
The surface consists of two triangles to make a long flat rectangle.
When rolling the ball down the 'centre' of the rentangle it eventually
comes to the edge between the two triangles.

However the ball does not roll "straight" over this edge.

When the ball reaches the edge it rolls over the edge but does not continue
in a straight line. It deflects slightly at "right angles" "to the edge" and
rolls off the side of the rectangle.

If anyone knows how to implement a workaround please let me know.

eg:
- can I "disable" the "edge collision" checking for when two connected
triangles have the same normal?

- can I easily ignore this edge collision in my code somehow? dot product
etc...