[ODE] Non-deterministic behavior

Adam D. Moss aspirin at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 1 05:48:02 2003

Adam D. Moss wrote:
> There are lots of RNGs out there.  One that I like
> is Blumrand <http://www.tip.net.au/~dbell/> for example.
> It gives good random numbers and it's fast (but Linux's glibc's
> rand() function is ten times faster still :( ).

Okay, I just whipped this up.  It's really small and fast and
definitely random enough for ODE's constraint-shuffling.  Hope
it's of some use (sorry I don't really have time to integrate
this with stepfast.cpp at the moment, but hopefully it's a
fairly trivial job).  It makes some minor assumptions about
type sizes, the only significant and semi-controversial
one being that a basic 'unsigned long' is exactly 32 bits.

Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
"I am NOT a nut!  I am the keeper of the seven universal truths!"