[ODE] problem compiling with msvc7

Adam D. Moss adam at gimp.org
Tue Oct 28 19:39:01 MST 2003

Ben Thomas wrote:
> cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DMSVC /DSHAREDLIBIMPORT=__declspec(dllimport)
> /DSHAREDLIBEXP
> ORT=__declspec(dllexport) /DdDOUBLE  /DdNODEBUG  /Feconfigurator.exe
> configurato
> r.c
> /bin/sh.exe: -c: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token
> `/DSHAREDLIBIMPORT=_
> _declspec(d'
> /bin/sh.exe: -c: line 1: `cl /nologo /DWIN32 /DMSVC
> /DSHAREDLIBIMPORT=__declspec
> (dllimport) /DSHAREDLIBEXPORT=__declspec(dllexport) /DdDOUBLE
> /DdNODEBUG  /Feco
> nfigurator.exe configurator.c'
> make: *** [configurator.exe] Error 2

I think the problem here is that unquoted parentheses are being
passed through to sh.exe, but parentheses have special meaning
to most shells.

Try changing /DSHAREDLIBIMPORT=__declspec(dllimport)
to "/DSHAREDLIBIMPORT=__declspec(dllimport)"
and /DSHAREDLIBEXPORT=__declspec(dllexport) to
"/DSHAREDLIBEXPORT=__declspec(dllexport)"
in (what I presume is) makefile.msvc-dll

It's just a guess...

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam at gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3