[ODE] SGI IRIX

Matthew Bennett matthew.bennett at usm.edu
Tue Oct 28 09:07:43 MST 2003

I've been using gmake instead of make.
Unfortunately when I try to compile any version of ODE on IRIX 6.5 using
gmake, it bombs out during compilation of the chain1 demo with the
following sort of message:

ld32: ERROR   33 : Unresolved text symbol "operator new[](unsigned)" --
1st referenced by lib/libdrawstuff.a(drawstuff.o).

Now, I know this seems like a libc or c++ problem, but I can use all
that stuff within any other program and the linker remains perfectly
happy. Any ideas?
Matt